Skip to main content

Product Review: Curvy Power Stud Vibe


Curvy Power Stud Vibe







I am not a huge fan of realistic vibrating dildos. In my experience they are either noisy as all hell, lack any strong vibrations or they are just plain damn awkward to use. The Curvy Power Stud vibe by California Exotic Novelties rose above the others, but just barely. Bluntly put it was an okay fuck, nothing special and nothing to sing praise about. 

The noise level was moderately low, but it was far from whisper quiet. It might even be possible to be heard through thinner walls.  It wasn't all that awkward to use, the controls were easy to use and although it is located on the side of the base I didn't have any mishaps of accidental vibration speed change or shutting off. It is made of PVC which is a porous material so although you can wash it with soap/ toy cleaner and water this can not be sterilized between uses, which means it can't be shared and if planning to use it for both vaginal and anal that a condom will need to be used. I also noticed that it has a slight odor and taste, but I didn't find it to be too strong as to become a distraction or turn off.

I didn't test the waterproof statement.  I am always hesitant to use any of vibrators in water...just in case. I usually reserve bath time play for dildos only.  

It has three different vibration settings. The lowest was a good warm up when used on my clitoris but did nothing for me during insertion. The other two settings were all right being  numbingly strong or too weak to be of any use. I should note that I am fairly sensitive, and can usually cum within minutes from a simple watch battery powered bullet being used on my clitoris so there is a good chance that this might be on the weaker end for those who are less sensitive.



As I said it was an okay fuck. The insertable length of 4 ½ inches was nice but not filling and with a girth of between 5 and 6 inches was okay but a total G Spot tease. I had figured that the girth and curve would give me some good G Spot stimulation, hell I even broke out my new water proof blanket in hopes of a christening. Sadly it never came (no pun intended).

I know damn well know where my G Spot is but this fucker was a total tease. It would just grazed my G Spot, and not even changing angles and thrusting speed could give me the pressure and right strokes that I was craving. So, for me as a G Spot vibe it failed. It teased and teased until I was forced to break out the Ella and finish the job. I have seen reviews where others claim that it worked well for them, so perhaps it was just my own anatomy, the angle of penetration or thrusts that I was using. (this was used during solo play mind you)

Texture on shaft

Head and more shaft texture

I won't be giving up on this one and banishing it to the box of damnation where disappointing toys are forced to reside. The texture, which felt great on my vaginal walls during thrusting would make this an adequate dildo so long as I pair it with a clitoral vibe. Also given its smaller size if it were paired with a condom and some lube (it does have a little girth after all) it might make a pretty good anal vibe.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pink Cherry Review

Better, more detailed and 100% accurate as to my experience with the company! First off let me begin by stating that I live in the United States and that Pink Cherry is a Canadian based company. At first I was slightly hesitant to order from them, my main issue was shipping. I was afraid that it would take a long time to receive my package and/or that the free shipping offer was not valid on orders destined to the US. Well my fears were not justified. I have ordered from them a total of three times so far and each time I have received my order within a week. I also was able to receive free shipping on all orders for ordering over a certain amount. But more on all that later.

Sex Toy Storage

Yes I know, many other people have written about the different ways to store sex toys from prying eyes. While most have centered on the purchase of actual storage containers/boxes that are specifically marketed towards the storage of vibrators and dildos, few have taken into account the cost that may associated with.

Review:Adam&Eve

Adam & Eve At one time this was my go to company when I felt like expanding my toy collection. Over time this has slowly changed. While they are still the most widely recognized sex toy company their quality and customer service sadly have gone down over the years. Their site is easy to navigate and neatly arranged so that buyers can easily find products that they are looking for. They offer free shipping on orders that are $69 or more(Just remember to enter code 69SHIP), and any order over $17 is eligible to receive a free gift. The free item is either a mystery DVD or sex toy. Their shipping is discrete as stated on their website, your order will either arrive in a plain envelope or simple brown box. Front of evelope. Back of envelope. Before sending others to their site I always warn them of a few things. While they may carry a wide variety of sexual toys and are name that many people recognize there are some major drawbacks to ordering from them. First off their order pr